Thursday, October 30, 2008

HB to my #1 Sister!

I just wanted to wish Alayna a happy, happy birthday! I hate having her so far away. I wish that I could have wined and dined her today. She has such a good husband that goes all out for birthdays, so I know she was treated like royalty today.

Alayna is my very best friend. Growing up, I'm sure there were days that my parents wondered if I would ever get over myself and be nice to her. I am forever grateful for her and her example. She is truly one of the best little mommies around. She spends countless hours sitting on the floor playing trains with her three-year-old, or, being the school teacher she is, setting up "centers" for Dawson to rotate through. She is such a thoughtful, kind person. She truly loves others, and will do whatever she can to make someone's life easier. Besides being nice, she is ultra-talented! She works from home for a scrapbook company called Storytellers Club. It's a mail-order scrapbooking company. She designs for their monthly kits, plus does a monthly project using their supplies. Go check out some of her work at http://www.storytellersclub.com. As I've said before, I want to be like her when I grow up.
I hope you have a day to remember, Alayna. You are the absolute best!

*I had in mind some fabulous pictures to post of A, but due to unforeseen circumstances (see below), I have nothing to share. All I have are these that I stole from other's blogs.



2 comments:

Wendy Kae said...

You're right, she is the absolute best, but with you for a sister who would expect less. You both are such great examples to me and I love you and your families so much!

alaynamarriott said...

Thanks Linds that means a lot! You are always so thoughtful! You really are the BEST sister ever. The truth is I've always worked hard to be just like you! Thanks for making my day happy!