Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pinkalicious

Quincy got the cutest book ever for Christmas. It's called Pinkalicious (author is Victoria Kann). It's about a little girl whose favorite color is pink. One day she eats too many pink cupcakes and ends up turning PINK! The story does a wonderful play on the word pink (calls the little girl Pinkerbelle, she wears her hair in Pink-tails, and other cute phrases). DARLING book that I would very highly recommend to anyone with little girls. The author has another book called Purplicious, that we're hoping the Easter Bunny will bring.

Anyways, for the last month Quincy has been begging to make pink cupcakes. I finally broke down today and the two of us made cupcakes this morning. She was so excited to eat them and see if she turned pink. She only licks the frosting off, so until she actually ingests some of the cupcake, I think we're safe staying a nice even skin tone.

4 comments:

Emily said...

YUMM... Those cupcakes look delicious.

I don't know how much or if Kevin is dreading building a derby car, but I'm scared for that day. He just isn't a "work with my hands" kind of guy. Luckily we have another year. I better start learning how huh? ;)

I found your blog link on Kira C. blog. Our blog is www.albrechtclan.blogspot.com

Emily

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Good cupcakes. I'll cross my fingers that cute Quincy doesn't turn TOO pink:)

alaynamarriott said...

Phewwww! I was just sure that little Quincy was going to be a nice shade of pink. She would have looked darling (not to mention she would have matched all of her spring fashions) but I don't think it's in her best interest. You are such a fun mom. The best part is that you made them for other people. You are always so thoughtful!

Susy said...

Pinkalicious sounds like a must have for us too. Sounds like a fun story. Those look like some nummy cupcakes too. I'm with you Quincy...the icing the best part!