Sunday, January 20, 2008

Road Trip

Yea!!! I got to visit my cute sister this weekend! It's been absolutely forever since I was able to travel to Ogden to visit her darling family. We had such a good time playing and laughing together.
Nate had a meeting in SLC on Friday so we packed up the family and headed north. This was the first time travelling any where since we had Max and I forgot how much stuff you have to pack for babies! Thankfully Max travelled great. While Nate was at his lunch I very bravely took the four kids (by myself!) to Olive Garden. It still gives me a headache just thinking about doing it solo! They were actually very good--thank goodness for helpful nine-year-olds! That night we went to the Jazz game. I didn't see much of it. I spent a good portion out in the hall either taking Q to the bathroom or for treats, or rocking Max because it was so loud. The time I did spend inside of the arena I was people watching, so I couldn't even tell you what happened during the game.
On Saturday we headed up to Ogden to play, play, play! Quincy and Dawson, Alayna's little boy, are three months apart and are the best of friends (usually). They talk everyday on the phone and love to play together. Dawson totally digs Thomas the train and Quincy could not wait to go play with his collection. We also went to a fun children's museum in Ogden and let the kids run wild! Thanks Tim, Alayna, and Dawson for a fun weekend! We love you!Alayna isn't really that much taller than me. She had her tall boots on and I didn't have any shoes on. She's such a cheater!

6 comments:

Nate said...

I disagree. Alayna is much taller than you, Lindsay, even without shoes. Now come to bed.

alaynamarriott said...

I'm going to agree with Nate that I am a little taller. Plus I was half squatting anyways to make up the difference. So there is the slight chance I had my knees bent in this pic anyway. Nate, can you believe how much time a woman can spend blogging...such a strange obsession we have. Okay, we seriously had so much fun!!! It really is a special occasion when we get a visit from someone out of town, since it rarely happens. That's what we get for living so far away. We love your cute kids, and can hardly wait for another excuse to see you guys. Trey and Tanner are so cool, and they are wonderful helpers. Quincy is just the cutest thing ever. I love that her 'sass' is the nice cute kind of sass. And Max really is the best baby. You deserve that by the time you get to #4. Maybe that explains my character a little better, lol! Hope you enjoyed my novel. You won't need any other comments because mine makes up for five! Love ya!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Isn't it fun to have cousins the same age. Both of ours do and we love it! Cute kids:)

Susy said...

Not many things measure up to a weekend with the sis! You are a very brave woman to take four kids into a restaurant all alone...or your kids are just really well behaved! WOW. I think I took mine into a Wendy's ONCE...I vowed NEVER to do that again!

rachelecook said...

What a fun family...so sad I missed you on your trip up north! You should of called me, I would of joined you in Olive Garden! That would of been a sight to see!
So glad I checked your blog!!! Quincys cute hair reminds me of Haley when she was that age...love the bob!!

Emily said...

Hi guys...

I just ran into your blog from another blog I visit. I don't know if you remember us, but my husband Kevin served a mission with Nate in Argentina (I think that is how they know each other). Anyway, I had to get out your wedding invitation to see if it was you. Just thought I'd say hi. You have a darling family.

Emily Albrecht (and Kevin)