Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Treyson

I thought since I'm new to this whole blogging thing, I'd do a little "introduction" of each of us. I'm sure it's going to sound "braggy" (isn't that our job as parents?), but I wanted to write a little bit about the kids for my own history, if nothing else.


Since Treyson is the oldest, I thought I'd start with him. Trey is now 9 1/2 and in the fourth grade. It's amazing to think that my "baby" is going to be turning double digits this year. He is an incredible older brother and is always so willing to help (especially with the youngest two). He's an adult pleaser and is a good rule follower (does he sound like a first child or what?). Treyson is an excellent student. His favorite subjects, not counting recess, are math and reading. He's constantly reading. He finished all 700 pages of the 7th Harry Potter in less than a week. I love catching him in bed after lights are suppose to be out, reading a book. Treyson's passion is definitely baseball (with other sports close behind). He gets to play Little League for the first time this year and can't wait for try-outs. He tried out for and made a travel baseball team about 1 1/2 years ago. They play in about six tournaments a year, mostly here in Southern Utah. He usually starts as catcher, but also gets in time as pitcher and shortstop. He's currently playing basketball and has been able to go to St. George to play some golf where there's no snow (thanks Colby!). We are so grateful to have Treyson in our family. He's such a good boy and so willing to please. He's a good friend to everyone which is more important to me than anything. We love you, Treyson!

5 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

What a cute boy! Bragging is required if you are a mom. You are not exaggerating one bit about this kid. He is incredibly smart - achieving scores a 7th grader would be proud of. The best thing about Trey is that he is a very genuine, nice person. He is very thoughtful and willing to help out. I love watching him compete. He is quite the athlete. I also need to emphasize that my name was his first word - that makes me feel cool. Anyway, we are so very proud of Trey and the great person he is!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Hey Lindsay, it's Steph. I found you on Susy's blog and I am so excited. Your family is so cute:) The last time I saw you was at Cody's wedding and I think you were pregnant with number 3? Anyway, hope all is well, you guys look great. Feel free to check out my blog: http://romperoom.blogspot.com

Gale Family said...

Yeah, I am glad to see you are blogging. I decided its the best way to keep in touch and to see how everyone is doing. I feel like I don't see any cousins any more. I don't know what anyone is up to. Your kids are so grown up, but I guess that is what happens. Everyone looks good. I look forward to seeing more. Love you guys.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Hey Linds- I tried the link you put for my blog and it did not work....there is only one r in the middle:) The other was already taken and Art thought it was a funny address so we went with just one r, dumb, I know!

Susy said...

It really is hard to believe that your boy is that old...I remember you getting your hair done at Shanna's and you were really hoping that you were prego!!! Time just flies right on by!