Friday, January 25, 2008

Max


My baby is three-months-old today! It blows my mind that three months have passed already. I know the last three months of my pregnancy didn't go that fast! I'm a little out of order on the "kid description," but in honor of Max's "birthday," I thought I'd write about him next.

Max Thomas Esplin was born October 25th, 2007 at 12:47 a.m. My labor and delivery were quick and easy. He weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces and was 20 inches long. He has two of my favorite kind of dimples. They're the kind that you can see with any facial change, not just when he smiles. Love that about him. We struggled deciding what to name him. I tend to like names that are a little different and not super common. My mom suggested Max a couple of days before he was born. My grandpa Cowan's name was Max. We had already decided to use Thomas as his middle name, which is my mom's maiden name. Nate instantly liked the name and the idea of using both grandpa's names. I was hesitant because it was so different from any of my other kids' names. While I was in the hospital, my dad came to visit and we got to talking about what to name the baby. I mentioned that we were considering using his dad's name. My dad got tears in his eyes and I knew right then that our baby was going to be Max. The name is perfect for him and I can't imagine him as anything else now.

We truly have been blessed with such a sweet, happy baby. From day one he's been a good baby. I guess he has to be easy going, the way his older siblings get in his face giving him kisses and trying to make him laugh. He's an excellent sleeper! I lay him down around 10:00 and he usually makes it until around 7:30. He's also a good little eater. Nate weighed him a couple of days ago and our little heavy-weight was up to 16 1/2 pounds! He doesn't look super chubby, he's just solid!

I've been a little more sentimental with Max. We plan on him being our last baby, so it's made me want to hold him a little longer and just sit and enjoy him. With each new child, you can't help but wonder what the future will bring. I just pray that I'll be able to teach him and help him. In his blessing, Nate felt very impressed that Max would be very service oriented. I hope that I can be an example of that to him. I hope that he'll have good friends and a good, clear mind. I love this little baby and am so grateful that he came to our family!


Just few hours old




Blessing day (5 weeks)



My cute, happy baby (gotta love those dimples!)

4 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

Oh how cute! I just love that little guy! I hate being so far away from him, because I would love to get to know him on a day-to-day basis. He really is the sweetest little baby. I can't believe how fast he's growing...we love healthy babies! His dimples are just like yours Linds...so cute! How in the world did I get shorted the dimple gene anyway? Thanks for bringing Max into our family!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

He's such a cute baby. My nephew is Max, I think it is a great name! Our boys are solid too.....that way you don't have to worry about breaking them:)

Susy said...

Those cheeks and dimples are killing me...ahhh too cute. I think I might need to come over and get a baby fix! What a little doll.

alaynamarriott said...

Nate just left a comment on my blog that says you've gone into depression waiting for me to post again. I'm just checking to make sure you can wait one more day. Tell Nate that life happens...besides life isn't ALL about blogging. Deep down I think it's Nate waiting for my next post. Man I wish I would have taken a pic of him last week. That would have really made his day.