Monday, January 28, 2008

Tanner-Man

Tanner is our six-year-old and is such a funny kid. He's constantly making me laugh with his jokes and little pranks. Nate is TERRIFIED of snakes, and Tanner likes to take advantage of that. Most nights, Nate will find a rubber snake under his pillow when it's time for bed. Tanner thinks he's pretty clever! Tanner is in kindergarten and LOVES it. He has a great teacher that recognizes his strengths and builds upon them. He's a good little reader and has really taken off. I'm always amazed when they start to read. It's so fun to sit and have him read to me. I love taking advantage of this new talent-I have him read to Quincy to buy me a little more time to do other things. Tanner loves sports and is quite the runner. Treyson has to watch out, because Tanner is right on his heels! Tanner's favorite sport depends on the season. He just got done playing basketball and will be moving onto soccer and baseball in the next couple of months. I love to watch him play because he has so much fun out there. Tanner loves to give me kisses and tell me he loves me. I love that about him and hope he never outgrows it! He's a friendly kid that makes friends easily. Tanner's going through a picky-eater stage and we're going crazy! Any advice on overcoming this little challenge would be very appreciated!
We love having Tanner in our family. He's always good for a big hug or a laugh. He makes me happy just being around him. Love you, T-Bone!


Look at those eyes! Why is it that boys always get the long, curled eyelashes?




Tanner and Treyson at Fenway Park in Boston. They both LOVE the Red Sox!

3 comments:

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Such a cutie! Parks has the big blue eyes with the long curly eyelashes too, it kills me:)

alaynamarriott said...

Oh I want his eyes and eyelashes! Tanner has the cutest personality. He is always so happy! I love that he is such a genuinely nice person. I'm not a bit surprised that all the girls chase him at recess! I've always loved what a big tease Tanner can be. I hope that stays with him forever. Dawson thinks Tanner is SO cool. Yesterday Dawson flipped out when he saw a picture of Tanner. He kept saying "play with Tannner, Mom?" I felt bad turning him down. Tanner we love you!!!

Susy said...

All of your kids have the most beautiful olive skin Linds. No fair. I've always loved your skin...no freckles like me. Tanners eyes are so pretty too... psst..don't tell your boy that I called his eyes pretty. He probably wouldn't like that so much.