Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Quincy-Lou

Any mother that starts out having boys will totally relate to the relief and overwhelming emotion that comes over you when you find out that you're going to have a little girl (Susy, you know exactly what I mean!). I still remember the butterflys in my stomach the day I went for my ultrasound with baby #3. I had convinced myself that a third boy would be just fine, but I couldn't help but hope and wish. When my doctor made the announcement, my first feelings were pure joy. And then I realized that I got to go shopping for a LITTLE GIRL! Anyone that knows me, knows that not much else gets me as excited as going shopping!

Two and a half years later, I am still so in love with my little girl. She can be total sugar and spice. She definitely has her moments, and I was warned that PMS starts well before the teenage years, but I absolutely love being her mom. She tells me I'm her best friend and the "other" princess. She is total girl. She always has to have her purse and loves to play "mom" to her babies. She loves to wear dresses and adores shoes (isn't that every woman's first love?). She has her dad and brothers wrapped pretty tightly around her finger. All she has to do is look at you with her big, blue eyes (or scream in her high-pitched scream), and she gets her way. She's pretty juicy-sweet and we love having her as our only little princess. Here are some of my favorite pictures of her:

Sorry, naked pictures always make me smile!


Easter dress '07

Told you she could be sweet!

Love that blonde hair and blue eyes! We'll see how long she stays blonde!

6 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

We love our little Quincy Lou! She is sunshine! I love that she is such a 'girl' - just what her mom always dreamed of. I think I'll be content if I end up with a family full of boys...but then again another girl would be nice. Quincy is so lucky to be surrounded by wonderful brothers...I'm sure they will take good care of her. Thanks for bringing Quincy into this world - she adds so much to our family.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

She is so cute!!!! If I ever decide that I am brave enough to have another kid, some little part of my heart hopes its a girl (not that I would not love another little boy)! I seriously think you guys are in trouble when she is a teenager....so cute!

Susy said...

She really is adorable. I love the "so sweet" picture. You should blow that one up for sure!

Emily said...

She is a doll. Love the pictures. Very cute. Gives me some hope that you can have a girl after boys. I might need to know the secret!

Emily A

Gale Family said...

It is definately Heidi that is pregnant. She is having a little girl in June. They were excited about that, especially Halle. Halle told the ultrasound lady that she hated boy babies before they had found out so it made Heidi a little worried, but its a girl, so no worries. It will be a long time until we have another, but I sure hope my next is a girl. I am afraid I will have all boys. Its fun hearing from you and I enjoy your blog. Love you guys.
Angie

♥blondie♥ said...

she is ADORABLE, and SO CUTE. omg she has the bluest eyes ive ever seen, i would kill to have her eyes. shell be breaking a lot of boys hearts.