Sunday, February 17, 2008

A little of this and that

Ok, I am so behind. It's been a crazy couple of weeks with so much going on that I thought I would just do one giant blog instead of a lot of little ones. Bare with me as I try to fill you in on what's been happening with our family.

The Harlem Globetrotters came to Cedar City last Tuesday. A company that Nate works with quite a bit, generously gave our family second row seats to see the big event. The kids had an absolute blast! It was so great to look down the row and see them smiling and laughing the entire time. Quincy turned on the charm and started flirting with Hi-Lite. Her smile earned her and the boys a chance to go down on the floor and dance with the team. Hi-Lite gave each of them sweaty wristbands (gross, I know), which they proudly slept with that night. My parents offered to take Max for the evening (thanks so much!) and boy, am I glad they did. Massive blowout. Need I say more? I'm just glad that I didn't have to change that in the centrum bathroom!



Valentine's was a crazy, but fun day. The kids love to have a candlelight dinner. Pretty romantic, huh! Last year we started the tradition of having a "love door." I leave hearts, a marker, and tape by the back door and each of us randomly write things that we love about each other and post them on the door. The kids love waking up in the morning or coming home from school to see what new hearts have been hung.

My sweet Valentines! I feel so blessed to have each of them (and Nate!) in my life.


These past couple of days have been spent in St. George at a baseball tournament. Our team ended up winning the first game, and then losing the next three. Every game we tend to have one bad inning that ends up costing us the game. I think the boys did great considering we still have a lot of snow on the ground and they haven't been able to practice on a field since October!

4 comments:

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

I love the door idea!!!

alaynamarriott said...

I love your valentine door idea as well! I'm definitely going to do that one next year. Your four little valentines are just too cute. I love them too. I cannot get enough of Max's dimples...too cute! I'm so proud of Trey for playing so well in St. George. I wish I could have been there to enjoy a little of that warmth, and to cheer him on. Okay, I didn't know your kids got to go down on the floor with the players! That is so awesome. I'm glad Mom and Dad got to enjoy Max's explosion...I wish I would have been a fly on the wall to witness that one, lol.

Emily said...

Sounds like you have had some fun and been busy. your kids are so cute. I am very impressed with the Valentine's idea. I need to do more fun things like that for the small holidays.

Emily

Susy said...

I had to laugh when I saw the heart attacked door...I have a picture almost identical ready to post. Fun idea!

Some very cute Valentines you have!