Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Call Me a Wimp...

Maybe it's my "old" age, but I've decided I'm not very adventurous or daring. Over the weekend, Nate and I drove up to West Yellowstone to go snowmobiling with some friends (who from here on out will be refered to as "the experts"). Now mind you, neither Nate nor I had ever even sat on a snowmobile, let alone rode one. We were excited though for a fun weekend away and took "the experts" up on their offer to go ride with them. We were the only two "novices" in the group; the other six ride constantly and are much more willing than I am to go up crazy steep hills (and back down them) at heart-pumping speeds. I told them after the first day of riding that I can get a much bigger "rush" by finding a good deal at Baby Gap. The first day, I managed to run into a tree (going very slowly, easy to fix), tip the machine as I tried to turn uphill, and get thrown from the snowmobile-it flew through the trees one way, I flew the opposite. Luckily I wasn't too hurt (emotionally maybe, but not physically). Nate had only one incident that involved holding onto a tree for dear life. We had fun with "the experts," but I don't think we'll be buying a snowmobile in the near (or distant) future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Cousin Jacob would be proud!

alaynamarriott said...

I'm right there with you at Baby Gap....heck with the crazy cold weather! We'll be thrill seekers of a different sort. Tell everyone hello for me!

Anonymous said...

Oh come on now. They're a good time.

Shanna said...

How funny, sounds like IF you go again, you better make sure your life insurance is current!! Ha Ha!!

Susy said...

I'm just proud of you for giving it a try even though you KNEW you were a sunshine girl!