Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas!

We hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas! Ours was spent enjoying our time together and with family. Growing up, Alayna and I had a very hard time sleeping on Christmas Eve (we inherited this from our mom. She still can't sleep and she doesn't have any kids at home!) The two of us would start singing Christmas songs, or any other thing we could think of to wake the house up, around 4:00 a.m. (that is not a typo). It would drive my brother Cameron insane! My kids of course wanted to wake up super early, but six was our limit (have you been around Quincy when she doesn't get enough sleep?). The three older kids all slept in Q's room, and right at six, Tanner came bouncing out. The other two actually had to be woken up! They had a great time exploring their gifts from Santa and were spoiled by each of their grandparents as well. Unfortunately, the day ended too quickly, but now we can just count down until next year!

*I've mentioned before what a great gift-giver Nate is. Well, this year, he went above and beyond. He had each of the kids write a page of "My Favorite Things About Mom" and then he included a list of his own. At the bottom of his page it said:

"Watching your reaction when you find out that you are going with your friends to Chicago to shop and watch the Oprah Winfrey Show live."

Can you believe it? I was sobbing/screaming/laughing! I'm still in complete shock. I actually leave this Saturday and will be going to the show on Tuesday, January 13th. I'm not sure if the show we're watching will be showed live that day or at a later date. Just plan on watching that day, and if anything is different, I'll let you know!












5 comments:

rachelecook said...

Hey Lindsay...have fun on your trip, just don't let Oprah turn you into an Obama-ite!!! Just kidding...bundle up, stay warm and enjoy!! Talk to you soon! BTW...Ellie saw the pictures of Quincy and said oh, that's me!! That blonde bob can trick anyone!!

Princess Hairstyles said...

What a fun gift! I'll be sure to watch for you in the audience that day.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME@ Nate needes to teach my husband some tricks. I got UNO attack and a DVD! Karas got the same doll as Q, Karas loves her! She is teaching Karas to talk.

The Eyre's said...

Way to go, Nate. That was very creative & thoughtful. Brad is a very good gift giver as well (not to mention that he likes to cook!) I will definitely be watching Oprah to see you in the crowd! Have fun!

alaynamarriott said...

Loved the cute pics! So many FUN and HAPPY memories from when we were kids. Mom and Dad always made sure our Christmas was wonderful - such happy memories. I am so excited that you get to go meet Oprah....give her a hug and my number (so I can do lunch with her sometime.) Love ya!