Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I just wanted to tell the very best dad in the world happy birthday! I'm so grateful for this good man and for the example he is to me. He has always been so supportive of me. While I was in high school, he was at every game I cheered at, every softball game, and every concert. He still supports me now by supporting my family. He's such a good sport to attend the kids games, even traveling sometimes to watch Trey play baseball. My kids are so lucky to call him Grandpa, because I don't think they come much better than him. They each adore him and love to sneak into "his chair" so that he'll tickle them. They love walking down to KB Oil to get a special treat with Grandpa. I feel so lucky to be able to live near him and be able to spend time with him and my mom. I love that he's retired and being able to pop in during the day just to say hi. I love you, Dad! I hope your day and year are the best!






2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love that your Dad will play guitar hero. That would definitely land him a spot on the "cool" grandpa list over here!

alaynamarriott said...

Such a great tribute Linds! We truly are so blessed to have the world's best Dad. Our kids are so lucky to call him Grandpa. I must agree that he is super cool, and is always willing to try fun new things. Love this amazing man!