Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Although we froze our behinds off in Chicago, we had such a great time! We gained some weight, spent some money shopping, and had some really good laughs! We even found Oprah's favorite cupcake shop, Mandy B's. One word: yum! Being at the Oprah Show was kind of surreal. I still haven't watched it, so I'm not sure how much we were even shown. Nate said you pretty much had to know where we were sitting and what we were wearing to find us. It was pretty dang cool when Oprah walked out. I have to say, I think she looks older in person. She didn't talk to the audience during the show (she was always studying her notes during the commercial breaks), but after sat and talked and answered questions for about twenty minutes. The show itself was ok. Kate Winslet was on and was a great guest, but the rest of the show was spent talking to people through Skype (satellite). I had a great time with the girls and am so glad I got to spend these days with them. Thank you Nate for an awesome Christmas present and for playing Mr. Mom while I was away. Hopefully next time I'm in Chicago the temperatures won't be in the negative figures!





We brought home a lot more bags than we took! The shopping was too fun!

2 comments:

Cummings Missionaries said...

Hey Lindsay! I watched the show and I looked for you but they didn't show the audience very often. It's too bad all of those guests weren't there in person that would have been a really great show! It looks like you still had a great time! I am glad I found your blog, I wish we could see you guys more often but I guess the blogging thing helps!

Andrea
www.andreaspon.com

The Eyre's said...

Fun! Looks like you had a great time. You'll have to tell Amy hi for me.