Sunday, July 27, 2008

All-Star Week

We made it through our final week of baseball (well, for this season!) a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned awhile ago that Treyson had made the 9-10 year old all-star team and the week after the 4th, their team played their little hearts out! We lost our opening game to the cross-town rivals by one run and automatically got dropped to the loser's bracket. They ended up playing at least one game everyday the next week and battled back into the championship game! The games in the early part of the week ended up being pretty easy wins (called after four innings because we were up by at least ten). They ended up taking second place after losing to a St. George team. I think our team did great and was so proud of them for going non-stop. Trey played mostly at catcher and third base, and pitched one of their games. I'm excited for him that he got this opportunity. He had a great coach who helped him improve as a player, but more importantly, was so patient and set a great example for them. I'm glad that we're done for a few weeks (travel ball will start up again soon). Until then, I'm going to enjoy not having to wash baseball pants in every load of laundry!

*The 11-12 year old team from our league won the state tournament and will now play in the western regionals later this week. We're going to pack up the family and head to San Bernadino, California to watch just a little more baseball!

3 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

I can not believe how mush your kids are going up, i miss you guys so much i hope you will be able to come to the temple when we go in september. Your family is so cute.

Cassie said...

Ok lindsay your camera takes the best pics, I know it helps when your kids are beautiful gosh!! I miss you, it has been a crazy summer I feel like I haven't seen you since May!! Cute Family

alaynamarriott said...

I am so happy that Trey's team did so well! I think it's awesome they battled their way up to the championship game. I am also in love with the pictures your camera takes.....and the cute kids in the pictures of course! We had so much fun staying with you this past week. Thanks for putting up with us, and spoiling us rotten with your hospitality. We love you guys!