Monday, July 14, 2008

Catch Up

Wow, I've been away from the blogging world for so long! I feel like I have a million things to share. Bare with me as I give the nutshell version of what's been going on in our world.

We had such a great time in San Diego. My parents truly saved me! They would come play with the kids and me during the day while Nate was doing meetings, and then entertain the kids at night so that I could go with Nate to the dinners. We created some wonderful memories with grandma and grandpa that I know my kids will always remember.

We were able to hit most of the big attractions in San Diego. We did Sea World, Legoland, the zoo, and the beach. The kids loved each of the parks, but I think their favorite day was when we just relaxed at the beach and at the pool. I think one of the coolest things we did was a dinner and concert on an aircraft carrier. The Oak Ridge Boys (one of my parents' favorites!) performed for about an hour as it was getting dark, right there on the carrier. As they were finishing up, we had our very own fireworks show! What a great night. I love being able to attend conference with Nate. It's a great opportunity to visit with people that he works with from all over the country. I'm so grateful that my parents were able to come and spend time with us. It wasn't a very relaxing vacation for them; we kept them moving! They were troopers though, and just maybe, we can convince them to come again!







































































1 comment:

alaynamarriott said...

Thanks for taking that picture of Thomas at LegoLand! Dawson thought it was really cool. I'm glad you guys had so much fun, and that you were able to get away for a few days of hanging out in the sun.