Sunday, May 4, 2008

Road Trip

Last weekend, my mom, Max, Quincy and I had the chance to go up north to visit my sister and brother and their families. Alayna had to speak at a stake relief society activity, so we hauled the kids up to Ogden to go and listen to her. Can I just say, that girl is amazing. She has such a talent for speaking. She spoke on having a Christ centered home and she did incredible! Quincy and Dawson were able to spend the day together playing and laughing with each other. We just let the kids run and didn't really have an agenda. It was nice just to hang out and talk and laugh. Nate was quite impressed that we spent time in the Ogden mall (letting the kids play in the play area) and didn't even go in one store. I have to say that I'm quite impressed with myself as well. Thanks Alayna for giving us a good excuse to come visit!

After playing in Ogden for the day, we drove down to Provo and met up with my brother, Cameron, and his cute family. We had a yummy dinner together and had fun catching up. He has the cutest kids-two boys, Carter and Cooper, and one sweet little girl, Halle. Carter and Tanner are close in age and always have so much fun together. They're both into sports and the WII, so usually when they get together, they're doing those things. Cam's family are avid BYU fans and always get dressed in their blue for game day. We love his family and wish we could see them more often. Thanks guys for letting us do dinner with you!
In the solo shots, Cooper is on the top. He's 4 1/2 and personality plus! Carter is the lower picture. He just turned seven and is such a sweet, tender-hearted boy. Hey boys, go Cougs!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Wow, I can't believe Cam has three kids. I don't know if I even knew he was married. I'm sure I did. It seems like forever ago that we worked together at Garts. Oooooh, what a yucky memory, I hated that place.

alaynamarriott said...

Can I just say....you guys are the BEST for coming up to SAVE me!!! You loaded all of my props up here, plus I made you stay up late to finish my handouts. That is TRUE love - so thanks! We had so much fun seeing you guys. I need to correct one item of business - you went into ONE store - but that was just to go potty - so I guess you still earn a metal. I am loving the picture of the kids with their faces smashed up against the railing. So fun - now you need to come again when I'm not stressing out. Thanks again for taking care of me!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Cam has three kids! Where does the time go?

One of these days if you have a sec when you make a road trip we should grab lunch or something:) I keep promising Art's sister that we will come visit her (she lives in Cedar too), maybe if I ever actually do it we could do a lunch down there.

Is there really anything better than hanging out with your family?