Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kindergarten Graduation

My Tanner is growing up. Maybe I'm just a big baby, but kindergarten graduation gets to me. As the kids were walking down the aisle to take their places and again as they started singing about all of the things that they've learned this year, I was trying not to cry. I tried to be sneaky so that no one would see me, but Nate caught me dabbing away. As much as I love the transition to first grade and all day school, I also hate the transition to all day school. They become more and more independent and just too darn grown up!

Tanner has had a great kindergarten year. We've loved his teacher, Mrs. Ekker, and he's made some wonderful friends. He started out barely reading and can now hold his own with 2nd graders. He can tell basic time and add up money. He loves school and I'm grateful that he got off to a good start. Way to go, Tan-Man. You made it through your first year. Now, how many more to go?

With his buddy, Brecken Shakespeare


With his friend, Garrett Graff

2 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

Yeah Tanner!!! We are so proud of you! Oh I'm sure I'll be a big baby when my kids graduate from kindergarten.....oh my goodness that will be here before I know it. I'm sorry we weren't there to celebrate Tanner's big day. I bet he did fabulous!

Princess Hairstyles said...

Kindergarten Graduation gets to me too. I thought I was the only one! It will be nice for you to have all that free time next year though!