Friday, April 24, 2009

Nursery, Here I Come!

I'm doing the happy dance. As of tomorrow, my baby will be 18-months-old! For anyone out there that hasn't reached this milestone with their children yet, let me explain. Up until this exciting "birthday," 2 1/2 hours of church are generally spent in the hall. We (I mean Nate) usually walks/runs up and down the hall, chasing a runaway child. Occasionally, Nate will try to come into class, to only moments later, return to the hall. Confinement is not good when you are a young toddler. On Sunday, Max can officially enter nursery and we (including him), couldn't be happier! Our good friend and neighbor is the nursery leader, and has graciously let him come in the last three weeks. Happy, happy day in our house.

It is hard for me to believe that my baby is at this point already. He has brightened our world and I'm so grateful to have him as our caboose. He still isn't talking much (unless a couple of animal noises and the word "no" count), but is pretty good at following directions. He's pretty headstrong and in his short little life has thrown more temper tantrums than the others combined. He does the full-out on the floor kicking and arched back tantrum. Quite fun to watch (if we're in the vicinity of our own home, of course). Max is also quite the climber. I'll often find him sitting on the table, eating whatever snack Quincy left up there or coloring with the crayons that she forgot to put away. I love my baby to pieces. I also love that we don't have to deal with him during the final two hours of church anymore. Yea!

5 comments:

The Garfields said...

What a cutie! Good luck with Nursery...I know what you mean about the tantrum fits, Brynn has the highest pitched scream I have ever heard, cute when you are home but not so much in public.

Susy said...

What a handsome little man. He turned eighteen months over night. OH HAPPPPPPY DAY!!!

How exciting to meet Dale Murphy!!!

alaynamarriott said...

I hope Max loved his time in nursery as much as you enjoyed your free time! He's just too dang cute! Love the cute baseball pics!

Unknown said...

Yeah! He is so dang cute! I can't believe he is that old already! Time flies! We are halfway there!

Char and Chris said...

What a cute kid. He looks exactly like you. I remember those days with my boys as well and I get to do it all over again. Church is murder from about 12-18 months. I've often thought that they needed a pre nursery class for them. I hope you get to enjoy your meetings now.