Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Trey's Been Busy

Our school science fair was two weeks ago. The fifth and fourth grade classes are required to participate; the other grades are optional. Tanner asked if he could do one, and me being the super nice, supportive mother that I am, said no. How awful am I?
Treyson got the idea for his project from one of his cousins. He handed out plain white t-shirts to four of his friends and then the five of them wore them on a Saturday. The boys were suppose to go about their normal activities (do their normal stinky boy type things), and then we collected them. We then took all five shirts back around to the boys families and had a parent and a sibling smell the shirts (with their eyes closed). They were suppose to pick out which shirt belonged to their child/brother using only their sense of smell. The experiment turned out cute, with only a few things that we'd do different if we did it again. He ended up getting an honorable mention, which he was excited about. Heck, we were just glad to have the assignment completed!

Next on the list for Treyson was Dare graduation. Each of the fifth graders had to write an essay about what they learned during the course. The Dare officer then picked a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place essay from each class. Trey won 1st place! The 1st place winners each had to read their essay in front of those at the graduation (all 5th graders and their parents). He did a great job, but said that his legs were shaking the whole time. He got to pick a prize (a football), which I guess made it worth it. I was proud of him and the great job he did.

1 comment:

alaynamarriott said...

What a fun post! I am so proud of Trey for being such a good kid! He has always been such a great student, and a wonderful example. That is so neat that he was chosen to speak at the graduation.....I'm sure he was perfect (even with his shaky knees.) I LOVE the fun science experiment. I hope you know I'm storing these ideas in my head for future use. Thanks for getting caught up! You are such a good mom!