Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New York

We're back from the land of excitement. We had such a great time and thoroughly enjoyed our time together. We went with our good friends the Barricks and the Sumans and did a lot of laughing, eating, and walking. We were able to go to "Wicked," Regis and Kelly, The Rockettes, The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet, and the Today show. We also hit Ground Zero and Top of the Rock (top of the Rockefeller Center). We did lots of shopping (the men were very good sports) and found some incredible deals. I loved going to the American Girl store and doing some (secret) shopping for Quincy. She would be in heaven there! One of our very favorite things was going to Canal Street in Chinatown and bartering for purses. Right when we got off the subway a Chinese lady quickly asked us if we were looking for handbags and told us to follow her. We went down, over, and around to get to her secret hideout of purses. She told us to cross the street, and as we did, another lady stepped out of a windowless van. We told our husbands we loved them and to kiss our kids for us and stepped into the van. For a minute we thought she was going to drive off, but after successfully getting our things, we reunited with the guys. We went to a variety of "hidden" purse rooms (we definitely got a workout walking up all of those stairs!) and came home with some fun finds. I just wish that I would have had enough room to bring one home to everyone!
The kids loved their tenders and we are so grateful for the cute couple that stayed with them. I know they were exhausted when we got home and were glad to go back to a normal life. Max ended up with double ear infections while we were gone, so I'm extra grateful for the extra love that he was given. I'm glad to be home to my babies, but I have to admit, another kid-free vacation always sounds tempting!

Here are some of my favorite pics from the trip (sorry, there are a lot!):





6 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

I am so happy you were able to go on this fun vacation! You are so lucky to be able to travel to so many amazing places. I LOVE all of your cute pics - your hair looks so cute! I love the giddy picture of you holding Regis and Kelly tickets. I'm still bummed you didn't win the $500 gift certificate, and that the cameraman didn't zoom in on you. Oh well, maybe next time. I am glad, however, that you are home so I have someone to call and bug during the day! Love ya.

JanTSouthwick said...

That is my dream vacation. Looks like you had a great time.

The Garfields said...

I want to go to NY! it looks like so much fun, my girls would love the American Girl Doll store also. Your grandma was in my ward growing up, she is such a pretty lady.

Kaylee said...

You went to American girl palace?? I love that place!!

Betsey said...

Hey, I'm so jealous. It looks/sounds like you had a great trip. I stole your site off the class list, and added you to my list, hope that's ok. Hope all is going well - lets get together when we come down or you guys come up.

Kaitlyn said...

So i am jelous that you got to go to American Girl Palace, i had one when i was little and have always wanted to go to there, now that i have a little girl of my own i hope that some day i get to take her there. Some day we will go to a Yankees game and do some site seeing also. I am so glad you had fun, and made it back home safe.