Monday, November 24, 2008

High School Tag

I got "High School Tagged" from my aunt Shannon, so now you all get to read all about my exciting high school years. It was fun to read Shannon's memories from high school 30 years ago. We'll see if I can remember 1991-1995. Here goes!

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yes! I loved to have boyfriends (whoever tells Quincy that I did and that it's ok, is so in trouble)! Besides dating some fun boys, I ended up marrying one!

2. What kind of car did you drive? I had a pretty rockin' car. It was a 1976 Monte Carlo. We called it the "love machine" because it was big and red, inside and out.

3. Did y0u pass your Driver's License Test your first try? You betcha!

4. Were you a party animal? Most definitely not.

5. Were you considered a flirt? Hmmmm...

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was in the orchestra and played the violin-something that I really miss.

7. Were you a nerd? I don't think so.

8. Were you on any Varsity teams? I was on the varsity softball team all four years of high school. I was also a cheerleader.

9. Did you ever get suspended or expelled? No way. I've always been a little scared of authority figures and have always hated getting in trouble.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Of course! (See #8 above) When you sing it week in and week out for four years, it's hard to forget it.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? I loved my science teachers-Mr. Sorensen and Mr. Stephensen (even though those weren't my favorite classes.) I also liked Mrs. Roundy in English.

12. Where did you sit for lunch? Thank goodness for an open campus! Before we could drive we would walk up to KB Oil, Taco Time, or Subway. After we turned 16, we would usually head to Wendy's or somewhere like that. The dollar menu saved us!

13. What is your school's full name? Cedar High School

14. What is your school's mascot and colors? The Redmen (an indian) and the colors were maroon and gold.

15. Did you go to Homecoming and with who? Yes with Todd Garrett, one of my good friends.

16. If you could go back and do it again would you? No way. I loved my time in high school and had great friends and some very good memories, but I don't ever want to repeat the drama that high school girls are involved in (I'm dreading it with Q).

17. What do you remember about Graduation? Graduation was held in the Centrum (basketball arena at the SUU campus). My classmates had selected me to be a speaker as the girl representative. I remember being totally freaked out because the arena was huge and it was full! I also remember just being so happy and proud that I had made it through high school with no regrets. We also left for our senior trip to California that night, so we were all anxious to grab our bags and go!

18. Where did you go senior skip day? Ok, maybe I was kind of a nerd. I had an AP test scheduled on the same day as the senior sluff day, so I sat in a classroom and took a test that day.

19. Were you in any clubs? Yes...The German Club (total extra credit), the spirit club, and a club for girl athletes (can't remember the name).

20. Have you gained some weight since then? Do I really need to answer that? I'll just say that I have four beautiful kids.

21. Who was your Prom date? His name was Pat.

22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Been there, done that. Our fifteen is in just over two years. I think that each one gets more fun as people change and continue to "grow up."

23. Did you have a job in High School? I worked for a little while at Godfather's Pizza. Life got too crazy with cheer and then softball to be able to spend much time making money!

Well, there you have it. I wish that I had a scanner to be able to share some lovely pictures from the mid-1990's. You'll just have to picture the big, permed hair.

Susy, Alayna, and Wendy...It's your turn to remember the good, old days!

3 comments:

The Eyre's said...

Hey Lindsay! Looks like you had a great time on your NY trip. I'm just a little jealous. It was fun to read about your high school days. Love your blog too. It's fun to see all you Cedar people. We loved Cedar! Joelle

alaynamarriott said...

Let me clarify for everyone.....it was BIG and permed. You were always so cute and hip! Did mom and dad know the car was named the Love Machine? And what's up with scheduling a test on your one free sluff day [cough]NERD[cough]? That was fun to read Linds. By the way, how's Pat?

Susy said...

That was fun to read Linds, but I just don't know if I can do it??? Do I have to answer the first question?