Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Happy BD, Grandma!

Today is my sweet grandma's birthday. She's 87-years-young and we are so grateful that she is still with us and is still so strong! She still lives by herself and is extremely independent. She even drove herself to renew her license a couple of weeks ago! Anyone that knows this lovely lady, will agree with me that she is the kindest, sweetest lady you will ever meet. When Treyson was little (I think about two), he nicknamed her "Sweetheart Grandma," because she calls everyone "sweetheart." It fits her perfectly and each of the great-grandkids call her that. She's an avid SUU basketball fan and has had season tickets for years. She does have a feisty side and can get after the refs as well as anyone. She loves her children and grandchildren fiercely and would do anything for them. I'm so grateful to have this wonderful woman in my life and in the lives of my children. She is an amazing example and someone I hope to be like. Love you, Grandma! Here's to many more birthdays!

4 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

I couldn't agree more! Grandma is an absolute angel. I'm so grateful we were able to grow up so close to her, and that we were able to see her on a weekly basis. I would love for my children to have that opportunity. How did we get so lucky, to be part of such an amazing family?

Anonymous said...

I agree, what a sweetheart. She was always so nice to us and kept up on what we were doing. What a blessing to have such a awesome Grandma!

Wendy Kae said...

Alayna is right, we are truly blessed to be part of such an amazing family. You guys are the most amazing part. Mom is a great example to all of us of the blessings of enduring to the end. I'm so grateful to be part your lives and enjoy those darling, precious children! It will be so fun to see Alayna's cute family over Thanksgiving, can't wait.

Kaitlyn said...

I agree with everyone that grandma of yours a true blessing. I can't forget her cute little smile. She is a sweet lady. Tell her happy late bithday for me. I need to come visit everyone.