Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's All About Q

Life at our house has kind of revolved around Quincy the last couple of days (wait, did I say days? I guess it's actually been the last 3+ years, but that's a whole different story!). My little girl is growing up and doing BIG girl things! (Warning: there is picture overload in this post!)
Yesterday was her first day of ballet and she couldn't be more excited! She absolutely adores Miss Vandi and hasn't stopped talking about her. She's been talking about starting dance for more than a year, but we had to wait until she was three. I loved seeing her cute, little toddler body in a leotard and tights. Too stinking cute! I've always enjoyed watching my boys do their sports, but watching my little girl do something that I've always loved was a different kind of feeling. Ok, I'm getting too sentimental now. Time to move on to the next subject...


Quincy started preschool this morning! I thought she'd been excited for dance, but this was 10 times the excitement! She's been counting down to her first day since the boys started up, so we're so glad to finally have this day here. I thought only bigger kids did this, but for the last two weeks, she's been looking at her clothes in her closet trying to decide what to wear today. It makes this mom smile. She goes twice a week to Mrs. Woolsey's with nine other three-year-olds. I now have Tuesday and Thursday mornings with just Max and his nap time. Kind of nice. I might actually get a few things accomplished! If only I didn't miss her...

7 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

I can't believe Quincy is getting so big! Where in the world did the past three years go? I love that cute little ballerina......she is too dang cute. How fun that she got to go to school today (LOVE her "first day of school outfit") Oh and check out the tan on that girl in the photo with her teacher - so cute. I hope you'll get to enjoy some "me time" on the days she goes to school.

Shanna said...

How cute, I wish my girls were more into dance. They do piano and soccer but didn't dig dance all that much. I guess you can't really blame them, they probably have their mother's coordination!!

Cowan Family said...

Yeah for preschool! She looks so dang cute in her dance uniform.(Is that the appropriate terminology?) So cute. Can't wait for a show.

Kaitlyn said...

Oh she has to be the cutest her eyes are so pretty i think she is going to be a little man getter. Watch out for them boys. that outfit is so cute. Your kids are getting to big.

whitney said...

I love the Ballet out fit! so Stinken cute! shes quite the performer! I hear she stole the show at JR cheer practices!

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

She is seriously the cutest little thing:) I love and hate school too. The time is so nice, but I miss my bud. I'm sure as they get older I will probably love it more and more:) Q looks so cute in her dance outfit, I love toddler bodies:)

Susy said...

WAY TOO CUTE! Good thing you got a girl Linds...we love the boys to pieces, but girly stuff is just so much fun.