Sunday, September 21, 2008

Have I created a Monster?

Growing up, I always imagined having a little girl and having her be a cheerleader. I was so excited when I found out that she was old enough to do the junior cheer clinics this year and even more excited that she wanted to do it! She went for four days of "instruction" and cheered her little heart out. Her and her friend Ainslee (Sadie's little girl for all of you CHS alums), were quite the little cheerleaders. Sadie and I laugh about these two little girls cheering together (Sadie and I cheered together for four years), and wonder if we really want to put ourselves through all of the drama. Ever since the clinic (which was about a month ago), Q will walk around our house singing bandsongs and saying, "fire it up, Redmen" or "na, na, na, hey, go Redmen!". Love it, love it.



Q and A striking their "gangsta" pose!



This is a little movie clip of the divas doing their thing. Totally for the grandmas. Don't feel obligated to watch it. You don't actually have to be in rhythm to make the squad, do you?

13 comments:

Gale Family said...

A*D*O*R*A*B*L*E!! love it.

whitney said...

I love the video but i must say a perfer the live show! "Redmen Fire it up"

Collette C. said...

Thanks for posting the pictures and clip for the grandmas. I love it. Quincy is such a little Lindsay, and I love her. I hope she always enjoys being a "girly" girl.

Shanna said...

Hey at least they got the kick thing down!! How cute, that is kind of crazy that you could both put your girls in together!!

Teri said...

She is such a diva! I love it! Won't she be a fun teenager!!

Cami said...

Cute! That's too funny that you both have girls that are old enough to be cheering already! Go Redmen!!!

Melissa Pratt said...

Adorable.... That is to cute, I'm sure that she will follow in your footsteps...

JanTSouthwick said...

She can't be a monster as long as she is in pink and has those beautiful blue eyes. You have nothing to worry about. And there is nothing wrong with getting her started now with the diva thing. She might have it all out of her system early and she won't have to be a teenage girl drama queen.
She is too cute.

Unknown said...

Sooo cute! I love seeing your beautiful children. They have a pretty cute cousin too :) Thanks again for all you do! Love you guys

Susy said...

Oh my goodness...I loved the video. I love watching little girls be girly and love it. I love Quincy's little hip shake. So very cute.

Cammie said...

Lindsey, that girl of yours has some attitude I was glad that she gave Carter a run for his money at Melissa and Devin's baby blessing. This post also reminded me of my little (a senior in high school now) cousin from Cedar who used to go to cheer clinic. She used to run around the house saying, "Redmen are what? Red dogs!" Instead of "Red hot!" Oh the memories!!

alaynamarriott said...

No monster there....just the cutest little girl ever! She is too stinkin' cute. I love that she is such a girly girl - you've done a great job reinforcing that one. Go Falcons!

Anonymous said...

I love the little cheer attitude in the 1st picture! She is too cute!