Saturday, March 15, 2008

Life

I found this quote from President Hinckley on my sister's friend's site. It was just what I needed right now.

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey...delays, side tracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so true. I'm so glad you posted that.

Susy said...

So, what you're saying is I should stop wondering why my life isn't a party everyday like I'd like it to be??? Good reminder, thanks Lindsay!

Emily said...

That is a good one and we all need to be reminded of that a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Emily

alaynamarriott said...

Just what I needed to read! I think I need to focus on those vistas a little more. Thanks for the reminder.

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

Thanks for posting that! I think I am going to steal it and put it on my blog also. Exactly what I needed:)