Sunday, November 15, 2009

Aloha!



I cannot even express how fabulous our trip to Hawaii was! We created incredible memories and got some fun pictures. I will admit that there was yelling and tears, but hopefully the kids will forget about that part and just remember the good things. We were able to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center, where we had an incredible tour guide. She is a student at BYU-Hawaii majoring in elem-ed, and was so good with the kids! We loved the show after the luau, especially the Hakka and the fire dancers. Quincy became quite the Hakka dancer and might just have to join the BYU football team in doing it. We also visited Pearl Harbor. I was surprised at how good the kids were while we were there. I think they could truly feel how special of a place it was. My very favorite part was just watching the kids play at the beach. Treyson was fearless and loved diving into the water and was an excellent snorkeler. Tanner also loved the water, but was a little more cautious than Trey. Both Quincy and Max got more brave as the week went by, but Max still preferred playing in the sand. Luckily each of the kids were blessed with my skin, and not Nate's. They each came home golden brown and a tad blonder.

I'm so grateful that I got to experience this with my kids. Max is still walking around saying "aloha" and you should see him shake his hips in Quincy's hula skirt! Good times and fun memories. Now, if only I could have some of that Hawaiian sun again. It's freezing in Utah!

3 comments:

Collette C. said...

After looking at the pictures, I was wondering if you were actually on the trip with them. There were no pictures of you. It's plain to see who the photographer was. The pictures are darling, and I'm glad you had such a fun time.

Unknown said...

It looks like you had a blast! I'm impressed that you pulled it off with you kids. They are so good! Way to go!

alaynamarriott said...

LOVE these pictures! LOVE the dark skin and blonde hair. LOVE that Max survived the airplane ride. LOVE that you all had so much fun. Sorry about the kids' tears....I'm sure it was still worth it!