Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back to School

The boys started school nearly two weeks ago and have loved every minute of it! I'm so lucky to have kids that enjoy going. Neither of them have any close friends in their classes (in fact, Treyson didn't know even one boy in his class. Got to love the merging of schools!), but have had such good attitudes about going and making new friends. Tanner is a big second-grader and is really liking his teacher, Mrs. Morris. Trey has moved onto middle school and sixth-grade. I have to say, I've been more nervous for this transition than he has. I remember too clearly some of the stupid things that happen in middle school (I mean to other kids. Not me-I was a perfect angel!). That first day of school I was so nervous that he wouldn't find anybody to sit with at lunch or have anyone to hang out with at break. Luckily, he breezed through his day, finding some of his baseball buddies that had gone to different elementaries, but now can hang out together. Quincy, Max, and I have just tried to stay busy and entertain ourselves while the big boys are away. I love being back on a schedule, but I sure miss them while they're gone!

5 comments:

The Garfields said...

Lexie is liking Mrs. Morris also, she said that Treyson's a really nice kid. They are such handsome boys. I loved the pictures of Quincy and Max that Abbey took, way cute!!

alaynamarriott said...

Did you say angel?

Your kids are just the cutest! I can't believe Trey is so grown up. I'm glad they are enjoying their classes.

Talia said...

HAhaha I like Alayna's comment. Your kids are so cute. Your little girl is the prettiest little girl I have ever seen! Watch out for the boys when she's older. I am also very jealous of how well behaved you kiddos are at church. mine are monsters. Sorry if they gave yours any bad ideas hahaha.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how grown up they are becoming! It blows my mind how time flies! They are little social butterflies!

Lynae Bae said...

I remember babysitting your two oldest boys, it is crazy they are so grown up. I'm sure they don't even remember me, but tell them hi!