Monday, February 9, 2009

Let's Play Ball!

Seriously, is there anything cuter than this Tanner of mine at his very first baseball tournament? Plus, don't you think there should be a rule that my kids' uniforms should always be blue to match their eyes?

Anyways...

I was so proud of my Tan-Man! He played four games and was so excited for each and everyone of them. He got walked almost every time up to bat (remember, these kids are seven. I don't think there were many strikes thrown.). He played shortstop every game and did have some balls hit to him and was able to make the play and throw the runner out at first. Their team ended up taking second place (ok, there were only two teams in his age division), and you would have thought they won the World Series, they were so excited! It was so fun to watch him and his excitement for the game. It's a good thing he likes it, because he has another four games scheduled for this weekend!

Treyson's team also played and took third place. He played with a different group of boys this go-around and had fun with them. (I didn't even get pictures of Trey this weekend. I guess I was too consumed by this new orange and blue team I was rooting for.)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's something about a man in uniform (no matter what color it is). He is to cute. Watch out girls when he gets a little bigger!

Cummings Missionaries said...

I can't believe they have started baseball already. We still have a foot of snow on the ground here! We really need to move!!:)
And yes, he is very cute!

Amy B said...

I hope you had fun at the baseball tourney this weekend. I've been thinking about you guys, I haven't talked to you forever! I can't wait until my boys are in baseball! Your boys are adorable! I finally got a blog started, it is thebarrickbunch.blogspot.com
love ya, Amy

Susy said...

Handsome Tanner...very handsome.

alaynamarriott said...

Love that Tanner man! He is one handsome boy....definite girl trouble ahead! I must agree on the "blue uniform" rule. I also must say that you are one awesome mom to spend your LIFE at the baseball park.....way to go!