Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Summer is officially over. The kids got on the bus this morning and didn't look back. Even though I say it's the most wonderful time of the year, I truly miss my boys when they begin a new school year. Tanner's in first grade this year, so now they'll both be gone ALL DAY. I've already started looking at the clock wondering when they'll be home. Even though I'm sad to see the lazy days of summer gone, I do look forward to getting on a schedule again. Q is going to go to two days of preschool, so twice a week, it's just me and the little man. I'm sure I'll find plenty to fill my time (like catching up on my blogging. So much I haven't shared!). Good luck to each of you mothers out there. Enjoy the school year, because before we know it, the school bell will be ringing and another summer will be here.


5 comments:

whitney said...

Ok I cant believe school starts! It doesnt even really change anything for me and Im still sad!
the boys look darling!

Susy said...

Was is hard to send Tanner ALL day? They just seem SO little when they go into first grade! What preschool did you put Quincy in? How's Treyson doing with the braces? I'm afraid we'll be doing that sooner than later.

Wow, I was full of questions today...

alaynamarriott said...

Definitely a happy/sad day for the mom I'm sure. I can't believe those cute boys are so grown up. Love their cute "first day of school clothes" - I always loved picking out my first week's worth of clothing. Mom always kept us well outfitted.....such a happy memory doing our back-to-school shopping. Hope you are enjoying your day with just the two little ones.

Shanna said...

All I can say is Yay for school!

Anonymous said...

I haven't commented forever, I can't believe Treyson is 10, its crazy how fast time goes by when we don't get to see eachother very often. I guess my head thinks that kids don't go up if you don't see them. You have such darling kids, cute on the outside and personality to boot. Love your blog and I love watching you lives unfold on it.