Friday, August 8, 2008

HB to Treyson!


Ten years ago, our lives changed forever...
we entered the world of parenting. It's hard to believe that my "little boy" is now double digits! Birthdays always make me sentimental, remembering back to the day they were born, each of the milestones that they've reached and accomplished, and thinking ahead to what's to come. It seems like yesterday that we went to the hospital to be induced with our first baby. When they placed his tiny little body in my arms, I knew my world would never be the same again. He was a scrawny little thing, weighing in at only 5 lbs. 15 oz. (they think they messed up my due date and that he was around four weeks early). We've always wondered if Trey was destined to play baseball, because during his delivery, Mark McGwire hit his 46th homerun, right as Treyson made his debut. My dear husband and the doctor had to be reminded to turn away from the T.V. and put their focus on me. I'm sorry, but when your ankles are in stirrups (sorry, too much info?), I think it's fair to demand their attention.


Treyson is your typical first child. He's a complete rule follower and adult pleaser. He rarely back-talks, is a great student, and is a super brother and friend. He's so willing to help with things around the house and I've totally used and abused his babysitting services this summer. I'm definitely going to miss going to Wal-Mart by myself once school starts. He started taking piano lessons at the beginning of the summer, and without fail, when I remind him to practice, he's already done it. I'm so proud of him and the young man he's becoming. He sets a great example for the younger kids and for me. I love this boy and can't wait to see what the next ten years bring!







2 comments:

Shanna said...

Wow a ten year old! You are an old woman! Ha Ha!!

alaynamarriott said...

Happy birthday Treyson! I hope your day was extra happy.....with lots of cool presents! Love ya!