Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Here we are, not even half-way through June, and Treyson had his last little league game yesterday. Even though I feel like we have lived at the ball fields, I'm totally sad that it's over. I love being there in the sun (actually, cold and wind) and cheering the team on. Treyson had a tremendous coach who has so much patience! Trey's team ended up finishing fourth overall (out of eight teams) and made great improvements over the season. Trey either pitched, caught, or played shortstop and did great. I'm proud of him for his positive attitude. This is a boy who plays year-round ball, and in my opinion, is a very good player. He got drafted onto the team with the very worst record the previous year, so going into it, he knew that it might be a rough season. He stayed very optimistic and was very good at encouraging his teammates and helping them feel good about themselves and their abilities. Yes, he personally had a good season, but I'm more proud of him for the attitude that he had. He set a great example for me. Thanks Treyson for a fun season of baseball.




BTW, Trey's travelling team played in a tournament in Kanab over the weekend and ended up winning their age division! They outscored their opponents 50-7 over four games. Treyson caught 19 of the 20 innings and was totally exhausted by the time we left. This was their first tournament championship, so they were all pretty pumped.

2 comments:

Ryan Esplin said...

Treyson's going to need an agent when he goes pro. I've got first dibs on the job. Don't worry, I'll cut him a break: I'll only take 30% of his salary.

Sounds like a great year; it's great to hear of such a positive attitude and influence on his team.

alaynamarriott said...

I'm so proud of Treyson! His heart is definitely in the game. Even more exciting than the fact that he's a great player, is the fact that his parents taught him to be such a considerate, thoughtful person. I LOVE that boy!