Saturday, June 21, 2008

Chic on a Shoestring

I've mentioned before what a great gift-giver Nate is. Well, for Christmas this past year, he gave me one of the most creative and thoughtful gifts ever! He gave me a shopping trip with a personal shopper! He convinced a couple of my friends' (Amy Barrick and Cassie Nakken) husbands to do it also, and so this past weekend, we headed up to Salt Lake to have an all-out shopping spree! For anyone that watches Good Things Utah (the Utah version of 'The View'), you might recognize Alicia Richmond. She does a weekly fashion segment and talks about current trends and gives fashion advice. We each had three hours to shop with her, so she combined them, so we had nine hours of shopping with an "expert." We hit a fun jean warehouse and then Fashion Place and South Town Malls. It was nice to be able to try something on and have her give us the thumbs up or thumbs down. She always told us why something did or didn't work for us and was constantly running from the dressing rooms to get different sizes or styles. We stopped to get lunch between stores one of the days, and by the time we were done eating, Alicia had filled the dressing rooms for us with things to try on. We had a great time and were happy with the purchases that we made. My good husband tagged along up to Salt Lake so that Max wouldn't be too far away. He took Quincy and Max to the zoo the first day and then to the Gateway splash pad the second day. He even chauffeured us to Park City after the first day of shopping with Alicia, to shop some more at the outlets. He's such a good sport and was so generous with this gift. He was so giddy about giving it to me and was so good to make all of the arrangements. Thank you Nate for a great present. It's going to be a hard one to beat!




*We're leaving for San Diego on Monday for the Leavitt Group conference. My parents are coming along to help me with the kids while Nate's in meetings. I'm so grateful for their willingness to help! Sandy beaches here we come!

4 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

I'm so glad you posted a picture of your fun trip. It sounds like you girls had lots of fun. I can't wait to see all of your cutest new fashions. I just have to say that Nate is quite the trooper to follow you ladies around. Not only did he take the kids to the zoo alone, but he managed to take a picture - very impressive! I'm going to go insane when my two talking buddies leave me for a week. I can't wait for you guys to step out onto those sandy beaches - have fun!

Shanna said...

What a fun gift. I don't know what I would do if I had that kind of time all for myself.

The Barlow Family said...

That is so Awesome! Nate definitely scored some brownie points with that gift I'm sure. He sure has set the expectations high for the future though. Does he realize what he's done to himself? It sounds like you had a GREAT time, who wouldn't. Send me an e-mail with your e-mail address and I'll send you an invite to our blog. jandkatee@gmail.com
Kathryn

Kelly said...

Too fun! Reminds me of What Not To Wear. I've been trying to get someone to nominate me for years.

I can't believe we were so close to you house at that park! I saw Jamie at the parade, but didn't see you. I will have to call you next time. It would be fun to see you in the real world instead of in cyberspace.