Sunday, February 7, 2010

THE Mr. Nate Esplin

Back in November, Nate called me one afternoon totally cracking up. I wondered what in the world could be so funny in the finance world that he was literally laughing out loud as I picked up the phone. The director of the Cedar City Chamber of Commerce had just left his office. Nate had received a special visit from him to be notified that he would be receiving the Cedar City "Man of the Year" award for the 2009 year. Complete honor, don't get me wrong, but we couldn't stop laughing. Fast forward to January 2010...A special dinner and awards ceremony was held for all of the award winners. It really was a nice night, and such a compliment to Nate for all of the hours of service he gives to the community (especially through Little League) and to the University. I've teased him relentlessly about his big head (well, he did make the kids address him as Sir for awhile, and I would have to chauffeur him around while he barked out directions- j/k). All kidding aside, I truly am proud of him for all of the time he puts into so many different boards and committees. Don't you think that I should have received the "Woman of the Year" award for so willingly donating my husband to so many different causes?

(Kind of a crummy picture, but the kids loved that his face and name were on the State Bank marque for all to see!)

Way to go, Nate! We're so proud!

9 comments:

alaynamarriott said...

I am sooooo proud of Nate! He is one of the most selfless, thoughtful, generous, kind people I know. I'm still trying to find the humor in it, because he is very deserving of this award. I'm sure it is humorous to you two, because you are both such humble people. Way to go Nathan! And yes.....Lindsay, you do deserve woman of the year. I've watched how you've sacrificed your husband to business trips, meetings, sporting events, etc. Your family amazes me!

The Eyre's said...

Hey Lindsay! Way to go Nate for being the Man of the Year. I agree that you should definately be "Woman of the Year." I think you guys are the best.

Unknown said...

I think that is so awesome! He deserves it and you definitely get half of the award too!
Oh, by the way, how did your lesson go? I was thinking about you yesterday during our RS meeting. I bet you did amazing!

Melissa said...

Very COOL!

Cameron said...

Congratulations Nate!! And of course Lindsay it goes without saying you deserve the Cedar City Woman of the Year award too. Whenever you give up your husband that much you deserve a huge trophy!

Char and Chris said...

Wow. That's impressive. Way to go Nate. How does one go about getting that award anyway? I guess being Mr. Little League will do it.

Collette C. said...

Congratulations to Nate, and also, you and the kids. I know you sacrifice a lot to let him do all the things he does. But I believe he does the things he does to make a better life for you and his kids. He's a great guy. And thanks for letting us share the evening with you. It was very nice.

ak studio & design said...

Good job Nate! You definitely deserved it :)

Aaron Thomae said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog, please read mine and let me know what you think!

bestvacationdestinations.blogspot.com/

Keep up the good work!