Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Princess Turns Five!

Clear back on May 6th, our Quincy-girl had a birthday (I'm a little behind, I know)! She counted down for weeks and couldn't wait for the big day to get here. Being the younger sister of boys that live and breathe baseball, we shouldn't have been surprised when she asked for a "combat" baseball bat (Combat is a brand of bats that the boys love). She also had outgrown her bike and was hoping for a bigger one. She has us wrapped pretty tightly around her finger, so her wishes were our command.
Q debated for months what type of birthday party she wanted to have. She loves the books "Pinkalicious" and "Fancy Nancy" so was thinking along those lines, but then decided that all of her boy friends just wouldn't appreciate those party themes. She finally decided to have a big ice cream bar. The kids seemed to like picking from the 20 items to put on their ice cream sundaes. Some (like Dawson!) had to have a little bit of everything. We played some fun ice-cream themed games and giggled a lot.

I'm so glad Q had a good day. I love her to pieces. I love the spunk and craziness she adds to our lives. By the same token, I love the compassion and tenderness that she also brings to the family. Love you, Quincy!

2 comments:

Collette C. said...

This girl just makes my heart sing. Such a sweetheart.

alaynamarriott said...

I can't believe I never left a comment on this one. I {love} Little Miss Q just as much as you do! She is such a doll, and I love being around her. I'm not exactly sure where Dawson learned his Ice Cream scooping manners....but I'm sure it was from his Dad. Gotta love when Aunt Lindsay says you can put anything you want on your ice cream. He won't let you down! It was such an adorable party! (I'm still kicking myself for leaving Dawson with you on the DAY OF HER BIRTHDAY!!! Hello that was so mean of me.)